The goal for this group is to share and promote the best artwork of Sailormoon fan characters on DeviantArt. The artwork that is accepted to this group will be refined artwork that meets requirements of quality which are explained in the Submission Guidelines below. We want to bring together the most beautiful images of fan senshi that can be found on this site, as well as inspire artists to achieve more with their fanart. We hope you will enjoy seeing our collection in your inbox!
The bar we are setting for this group is high. There are many groups on DA that accept artwork of fan senshi - this group is for those watchers and artists who want to filter the strongest of those works to their inbox.
There are two people running this club. They are sakkysa and runesael Our opinions are what will guide the submissions that are accepted or declined into this group. We will do our best to be consistent and fair, but artwork will be declined from this group if we do not feel it is the best DA has to offer.
This is a group for fan created Sailor Senshi as well as fan forms of canon senshi. This group is currently for 2D work only. Members can submit one image per week.
We will be using these 5 categories when considering submissions:
1. Lineart - We will be looking for clean, intentional lines.
2. Coloring or Shading - While shading and coloring are dependent on style, we will be looking for art that clearly demonstrates a strong grasp of color theory. Coloring should be consistent in style and fit with the overall theme of the image.
3. Anatomy & Proportion - Characters come in all shapes and sizes; artists draw in many styles. However, we will be looking for work that is consistent with its own proportions and shows a knowledge of human anatomy.
4. Outfit Design - The design of the character should be clearly thought out with consideration for color (when applicable) and show degrees of originality. Please note that this does not mean that simply designed or Sol senshi will be excluded.
5. Composition & Presentation - Work must follow basic fundamentals of art regarding composition and should be presented free of distraction.
Every image will be judged on a case-by-case basis. This is important: just because we have accepted one image from an artist does not mean we will accept the next one just because. Each image must stand on its own merits. We reserve the right to reject any art that we feel does not meet our standards and our standards are going to be professional. Please do not submit to this group if you are not prepared for your work to be declined based on our strict opinions. If your work is declined it is not personal; it is professional. We may personally enjoy your art but still might not feel that it meets the guidelines we have set up for this group.
Categories of art that we will NOT accept:
sketches and works in progress
unshaded or uncolored line art
anything on lined or graph paper
images of characters mostly nude or in street/ordinary civilian clothing (we will consider royal/formal forms)
anything made from blanks or doll makers
work that overly relies on canonical compositions
Categories of art that we will consider for acceptance:
refined grey-scale art
characters drawn in negative space (no background)
pixel art on original bases and adopted bases with credit
Work will be declined from this group. Some of our own work would be declined from this group. If your work is declined then there are specific reasons in relation to that work of art. Please do not take a decline personally; instead consider it a challenge to continue to develop your art. If the artist is interested in critique, we will do our absolute best to offer respectful and helpful ways to improve on each artwork we reject.